Tragedies happen every day. Many of us take for granted how rarely they occur to those important to us, including ourselves. However, in the event that one does happen, there are two things to remember. First, you are not alone. Second, grief counseling can and does help. If you are in need of grief counseling to begin working on healthy ways to mourn or cope with a tragic event, come by and see us. Continue reading for more information regarding our grief counseling and other therapeutic services. Or visit our website for a more investigative look into who we are and what we do by following the link provided here: Morgan Counseling.
Grief Counseling | Benefits of Counseling
Though once there was an unfortunate stigma attached to such things as grief counseling, society has now embraced the overwhelming statistics proving its many benefits. Grief counseling patients have regularly reported improvements in their mood, attitude, outlook on life, and overall well-being after as little as one to two sessions. It gives patients such opportunities as:
- A safe place to allow patients to truly experience extreme emotions with a professional to guide them through those feelings.
- Offers a chance for opening up and changing feelings of numbness so that the patient can experience emotions lost from the event once again.
- Explore and process thoughts such as blame, anger, and other natural inclinations with a licensed therapist.
- Resolving family tension, disputes, or disconnects created due to the tragic event.
- Support from a non-judgmental source that encourages patients to say things they might be uncomfortable saying to those they know.
However, we understand that grieving is extremely personal, and not everyone goes through it the same. That is why our method is specifically geared to meeting you at the level of grief you are at. Though the five stages of grief are fairly well known, the truth is many people jump from one stage to the next at different times, creating issues and feelings of instability in their daily lives.
With grief counseling, a professional experienced in the grieving process can help you make sense of some of these changes. The end goal is to one day be able to reflect back and remember the joyous moments often lost due to a tragic event instead of being overwhelmed by the feelings these memories currently stir up.
Grief Counseling | Who Does it Help?
- Victims of emotional or physical abuse.
- Survivors of sexual abuse of assault.
- Those that experienced a sudden death or loss.
- Those dealing with long-lasting mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, panic attacks, or phobias.
- Anyone that experiences intense flashback, memories, or nightmares.
- People that tend to alleviate their emotions by using mind or mood altering substances.
Grief Counseling | About Us
Morgan Counseling is located in Boca Raton, FL at 2499 Glades Rd, Ste 101. Our goal is to help and support those suffering from trauma and grief and to help them find their way back to leading a happy, comfortable, and emotionally stable life. Please CONTACT US if you have any additional questions or to request an appointment.