Happiness and wellbeing might come from within, but there is no reason you have to take the journey of self-discovery alone. If you’re looking for a psychologist nearby, consider that licensed clinical social workers are also specially trained to guide you towards growth and healing in whatever focus area you want to address. To some, this might mean using self-realization techniques that build overall self-confidence. To others, processing grief or traumatic experiences might be the primary factor standing in the way of emotional stability. And others hope to utilize an objective professional to help open up a dialogue between struggling spouses. Whatever the reason might be, if you are looking to ‘find a psychologist near me’, consider taking your journey at Morgan Center for Counseling and Wellbeing. If you’re seeking therapy, consider the differences between a psychologist and a licensed clinical social worker. Both are dedicated to helping others. Although the goal in the end is often the same, their training and approaches are different. Ask your therapist if you would like more details about their training and methods.
Find Psychologist Near Me | Do I Need Therapy?
The stigma surrounding therapy and counseling has been slowly disappearing over recent years. Now that mental health is no longer the taboo subject it once was, more people are open to the idea of professional therapy. Therapy can benefit just about anyone that has an issue they want to explore and a willingness to speak openly with a licensed therapist. From self-actualization and meditation to trauma or grief counseling, therapy takes on different forms depending on what you want to personally achieve. If you have ever asked yourself ‘Do I need therapy?’, take a moment to consider the following statements.
- I sometimes feel hopeless and depressed.
- I am often conflicted and have a hard time making decisions.
- I recently experienced a traumatic event that I cannot stop thinking about.
- I lost an important person in my life and am still grieving their loss.
- I was abused physically, sexually, or mentally by someone in my life.
- I feel anxious or nervous and worry about things more than I want to.
- I keep replaying specific memories or am having recurring dreams/ nightmares.
- I wish I felt better about myself or do not think I am worthy of good things.
- I sometimes feel lost or wish my life had more direction.
- I experienced a major change in my life and don’t know how to deal with it.
- I am having problems in my marriage or struggle to make meaningful relationships.
- I use mind or mood-altering substances to avoid feeling a certain way.
- I have obsessive tendencies that need to be satisfied which negatively affect my life.
These statements are examples of phrases we often hear our clients tell us they wish to overcome. If any statements resonate with you personally, the benefits of professional therapy can help.
Find Psychologist Near Me | The Path to Sustained Happiness
Our mission at Morgan Center for Counseling and Wellbeing is to make your path to sustained happiness as comfortable and nurturing as possible. Professional therapy is an extremely personal journey that offers countless benefits that differ for everyone. The limits to therapy lie within yourself and your willingness to continue to work when things become uncomfortable. And even if you’re looking for a psychologist, consider also that a licensed clinical social worker can also help to guide you along the way by using different techniques specifically to meet your personal therapy goals.
If you are ready to begin on your own path of self-discovery, call Morgan Center at 561-717-2900. Visit our website to learn more about our approach and counseling services. If you have any other questions that we can help you with, please contact us.